Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I replaced my ignition switch 1 year ago..now my car won't

Customer Question
start again I thought it...
I replaced my ignition switch 1 year ago..now my car won't start again I thought it was the switch again but it wasn't now in stuck.I also replaced the starter, alternator n battery. What could be wrong now
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The battery is a year old.it would turn I hear a click but then nothing .maybe afterwhile it might start up! Might
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2006 Buick rendezvous
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No but I did replace the ignition switch thinking that was the problem again. I couldn't think of nothing else cause I've done the starter n things
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I did notice but not all the time sometimes when in driving my battery light comes on..but it doesn't stay on.as if my alternator is bad correct? I be confused cause if I jump the car off sometimes it starts
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
7/7/2016
Buick Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a reply ASAP

1-at the moment your are turning the ignition switch to start position , hold in start position, and check batter voltage do you have 12V or higher at that moment

2- also same thing at that moment are you getting 12V to starter wire ?

3- is there a red led security light flashing or steady on the dash ?

Please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician