Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I just replaced turn signal switch on a friends 92 Buick

Customer Question

I just replaced turn signal switch on a friends 92 Buick Regal limited and now I've gone from no brake lights( other than 3rd) to everything working except rear brake lights start blinking when key is on
Category: Buick
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Did you cut any wires when doing any work?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I do see the stoplamp circuit does go through the turn signal switch, so I have t ask, are you sure you bought the correct switch? If so, I would think that the switch is just bad right out of the box.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

here is a close-up of the wiring if that helps.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I see 2 red wires going to the ignition switch.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Oops, sorry wrong customer, ignore that last part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took everything back apart just to double check that it had no pinched, cut or any wire issues. Then double checked where it connects to harness to make it was plugged in correctly and no bent pins. Everything was fine and I was kind of wondering if it was the switch itself. Also the it quits brakes/blinkers on rear quit blinking when you press the brake pedal
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Where did you purchase the switch and what part number or brand name is ***** ***** will double-check and see if it's correct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Orielys
BWD engine management technology is the brand name and the part # ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can hear the turn signal flasher start clicking when ignition is on and that's when rear lights start flashing the front turn signals works fine while this is happening
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Well, it's the right switch, must be bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get it exchanged tomorrow and let you know how it goes. I appreciate the help!
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

No problem, that's why I'm here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work either
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I don' know what to think now, I am going to opt out at this point, maybe another expert may have a different idea.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks anyhow
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hi, new expert here. Does the car have radio controls on the steering wheel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.

You have the wrong switch according to the O'Reillys website (click here to see). To confirm, ask them to crossover the original GM part number(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That number comes up for a century not a regal

Are you referring to the GM number? If so, ask your local Buick dealer parts representative to confirm.

If you're referring to the BWD number, then refer back to the O'Reillys web page (click here to see).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Buick dealership couldn't find that number when looked up for regal and when I look at link you sent i only saw century under compatibility

I don't know why your local dealer couldn't find the number - unless it has been deemed obsolete by age and taken out of the database.

Regarding the O'Reillys web page, I've taken a pic of it and attached it for you to see - vehicle info in Red box