sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

TWIMC, Vehicle/ 2001 Buick LeSaber Issue/ ABS and Traction

Customer Question

TWIMC,
Vehicle/ 2001 Buick LeSaber
Issue/ ABS and Traction Control lights come on after some stops and when riding over rough and semi-rough roads, if these lights are on the brake light comes on occasionally.
Work already done/ The front rotors and pads were changed along with all four wheel hub assemblies.
What am I looking for or at to fix this issue?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Did you happen to have the diagnostic trouble codes scanned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Once the ignition is turned off the lights usually og off.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. There are many other parts and sensors in the ABS System. Before continuing to replace parts at random, I would strongly recommend that you have the trouble codes scanned. SOME local parts stores, like AutoZone, have the correct scan-tool to read the codes and will do so for Free (except in CA). Once you have these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently determine the root of the problem and make the correct repair. Replacing parts at random is going to get expensive and frustrating very quickly. If I can get you to have those codes scanned and then return to this thread, that'll help us out a ton.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes come up when read and the lights aren't on which happens when they test the car at the auto parts store because they turn the car off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you can not help without codes this was pointless.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Without codes and with the symptoms you describe, I would suggest looking into the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) next. These are common fail items on these vehicle. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, there are some scan-tool diagnostics that can be done to confirm.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That part was replaced 3 years ago.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Without any codes, then unfortunately, I will have to opt-out and forward you to another Tech that may better assist. Sit tight one sec... someone will be right with you.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No can I will be requesting a refund this was not what I expected.
If you would like a refund of your deposit you can do so from your screen.