Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Buick Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Buick Diagnostics
18617752

I need to replace rear brake pads on 2005 Buick century,

Customer Question

I need to replace rear brake pads on 2005 Buick century
JA: How old are the rotors? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Assume rotor is damaged bc pads wore down to nothing with no warning whatsoever. Now there is an absolutely horrible grinding sound. Car very well maintained but age of rotors unknown just bought it. 225000 miles on car.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes nothing yet.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have below avg mechanical ability but I have to do this myself - I'm broke-- and I have to get it done asap
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

For easier viewing/printing, I've wrapped up the procedure to replace the rear brake pads into a PDF file. To replace the rear rotors, remove the caliper bracket and the rotor pulls off. I've added the rotor procedure at the end of the brake pads procedure. Download the PDF file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uesbyouu2h3jptg/buick-rear-brake.pdf?dl=0

If you found this answer helpful, please help me and leave a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..