Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Have aultra no power windows work can hear slight click but

Customer Question

Have a*****ultra no power windows work can hear slight click but nothing happens also have a draw on battery with engine off
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: With test light
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes cant dectect any power to small fuse box under hood which has only 3 fuses one is labeled pw
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Tach in car also clicks like a clock jumping a little with engine off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the power windows can be caused by any of the following,

• Driver Door Module (DDM) Power
  • Driver's Door Module (DDM)
  • Driver's Door Module (DDM) Ground
  • Serial Data Wiring

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20window%20Jun%2018.pdf

See the wiring diagram for testing reference in this link as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20window%20wiring%20Jun%2018.pdf