Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Do i have to pay, 2000 buick lasabre, well it wont crank i

Customer Question
do i have to pay JA...
do i have to pay
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2000 buick lasabre
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well it wont crank i put in a phone charger and it blu th acess fuse i replaced the fuse but now it wont crank
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: yes 10 amp
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: well i turn the key on to crank and the dash lights go out and there is nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
6/17/2016
Buick Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

what is the problem you having with your buick ?

sound like the battery dead , if you turn and have nothing have u checked battery ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no not battery almost new when i turn ing on full dash lights want to thinkit more inpcm fuse or blown module i checked pcm fuse its ok
cant afford to call
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have full batt power
Ok does the dash dims down when u try to start it or goes out completely when u have the key in the start postion ?
If it does go out and battery full and u checked all the fuses and no security light on or flashing then u need a starter motorIt is only 0.7 hr labor Part I say $ 100 for Starter
Hope I was helpful to you , let me know if you need anything else
A POSITIVE RATING IS MUCH APRECIATED
This post will stay open for you to come back and ask any follow up question you have on this issueChad Farhat
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when i turn key to start dash lights go out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry i lost power to my pc

I say you need a starter , its a good idea to have somebody at starter and one at igntion key and see if there is power down at the starter solenoid if u have power , it is definite the starter, if you dont have power to the starter than , it is the switch or the wiring to the switch

did u see the diagrams i sent you

Its okay , i lost my internet today cause a storm for 2 hrs :)

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat