Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

JA: . How can we help? Customer: I have a 2002 buick

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I have a 2002 buick rendevous. Been a very good car, and now has 123K+miles, low for th age I presume.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I try to start the car, and it will not crank or start. I checked the battery (< 2 yrs old), and it is fine. I tried a second key, and it got the same response.....several idiot lights light up, but no cranking or clicking like a dead battery commonly behaves.
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: I am suspect that the starter has given up......and needs to be replaced. I notice that I have some sort of anti-theft system in place - Permavin Security(###) ###-#### Is it possible that is is somehow interfering with the starting process? The Auto-Lock idiot light lights up and drops out, but that is relating to anotilock brakes, correct?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it were simply changing the starter, possibly. What might it be?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: No, it has been starting fine in the recent past. Has been quite humid lately, and lot of rain.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is Chad I will try to assist you
is your secuirity light blinking ,staying steady on or off when u insert the key in the ignition and turn it to on or start postion can you tell me thanks
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help??? Roy