Roy Scarlett
Roy Scarlett,
Experience:  Auto Mechanics Teacher at Levittown Schools
93907001

My car is losing antifreeze from a plastic tube leading from

Customer Question

My car is losing antifreeze from a plastic tube leading from the antifreeze fill to the motor. Would this tube be located underneath the motor? I was told they needed to get under the motor to change this plastic tube
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I took it to a Buick dealership but they are charging a lot to change this tube. It doesn't seem right
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: This was my only problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, What is the year, model and engine size of your Buick?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2010
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said it was a plastic tube
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
2010?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
But a 2010 what? Please see the question I asked above
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, Buick LaCrosse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V6
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
What did they want to replace? The coolant tank? I know you said plastic tube but did they say what? I need to know which engine you have 3.0 or 3.6 they are both V6
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure about size. Possibly 3.0. The antifreeze was smoking on the top right side of the car
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
How do you want to do this? Do you want to buy and replace the hose yourself? If you do I really need the engine size and a picture of the leak. Can you do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir. I was informed the repair cost was basically $320 and the replacement part is $70. I asked the reason why? I was informed the tune was under the motor and required a lot of labor to replace it
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Without knowing what is being replaced and the engine size I can't tell you what the standard charge should be so I will OPT OUT of your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not charge me
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.
Did the say they have to pull the intake manifold to access the coolant pipe?
Expert:  Roy Scarlett replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to try to help you. I am attaching a picture for you to look at an pick out the hose that is leaking.