Derek Werner
Derek Werner, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced level specialist
61695331

Buick LaCrosse CX: My 2007 Buick LaCrosse will not start after

Customer Question

My 2007 Buick LaCrosse will not start after it's been running turn it off I have to pump the gas pedal to keep it running after shut it off If I have a full tank of gas this does not happen
Category: Buick
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** am a factory trained GM technician and i will be happy to assist you with your vehicle. I will be asking you a series of questions to give you the best possible help that i can. Is your check engine light on also? Have you had fault codes scanned from the engine control module? Thanks Derek
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no check engine light is not on gas cap light was on repace cap light want out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's like it's not getting fuel have to pump pedal to get to start put if gas tank is full no problem
You are correct, the engine is not getting enough fuel or to much fuel on startup. After reading your description it sounds like the engine is getting to much fuel, or fuel vapors sucked into the engine. This is why it is hard to start after the vehicle has been ran. A somewhat common part to fail is the (EVAP) Evaporative emissions purge valve. This valve purges fuel vapors into the engine from the evap system. The fuel vapors get built up in the charcoal canister, when the vehicle is driven the purge valve opens to allow the vapors to be burnt in the engine. What happens is this EVAP purge valve sticks open and causes a high amount of fuel vapors to get accumulated in the engine. And this causes the engine to have a hard start after is has been driven. This valve is also known as the canister purge solenoid. The valve is located next to the EGR valve. To test the valve disconnect the EVAP line from the back of the valve. Unplug the electrical connector, start the engine and put your finger over the port. If you feel engine vacuum from the valve then it should be replaced. The valve is normally closed and if you feel suction on the port it is leaking and causing your hard start concern. If you could kindly rate my service it would be very appreciated so i can receive credit. I will continue to work with you even after rated, and get notifications about any other questions you may have. I only strive for excellent service, Thank you for being a great customer.Derek W
Hello again, i am just checking back in. Did you need any other help? I hope you were able to get your starting problem figured out. ThanksDerek