Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

The front ashtray wont stay closed how can I fix it? JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

the front ashtray wont stay closed how can I fix it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2004 lesabre front ashtray wont stay closed how can I fix?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet dont know where to look
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: no I just bought it n am going over detailing so far only problem is the ashtray hangin down seems like its got some kinf of closure on it?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Buick dose not offer and steps for repairing the ash try and in most cases if its not staying closed and hanging down then that usually means you are going to need to replace the assembly. One option you may have is to contact your local salvage yard and see if you can purchase a used assembly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you ron will check with my dealer they should have fixed this or replaced the assembly right?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Yes if it was broken when you bought it then yes, they should take care of it for you.