Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

JA: . How can we help? Customer: I have Buick Rendezvous

Customer Question
hello JA: Hi. How can we...
hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I have Buick Rendezvous 2002 and today when I go to church, Service Engine Soon light is on
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: P0171
JA: Huh?
Customer: My porblem is I "Service Engine Soon" light on
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It is the first time that I see "Service Engine Soon" light on. I checked at AutoZone and I have a problem in Code P0171
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I cannot do that. I would like to the estimate cost for repair it
JA: OK! The Buick Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: No. I have no idea
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/9/2016
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. 0171 means the bank one side of the engine. The side of the engine with cylinder 1 is running lean. Very possible bank 2 0174 will soon follow. When an engine is running its getting fuel and oxygen. The upper O2 sensors are measuring the amount of oxygen in the exhaust. This tells the computer if more fuel or less fuel is needed, because there is a set amount of oxygen and fuel that is wasted and not used. Lean means there is to much oxygen in the exhaust. Possible causes for this are:intake vacuum leakEGR system issuesdirty MAF issuesmisfireweak sparkvalve concernsexhaust leakbad O2 sensorThe most common is a vacuum leak. The MAF sensor after the air filter tells the computer how much air is getting into the engine. Any air sucked into the intake which is under a vacuum would be not metered air. So use flammable brake cleaner and spray short bursts around all vacuum lines, intake gaskets. If a leak is sprayed the rpms will increase as this extra fuel is sucked into the intake and burnt off in the cylinder. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician