Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Its wanting to stall on me while going down the road, an idk

Customer Question
if its just me but...
its wanting to stall on me while going down the road, an idk if its just me but it stinks after a awhile... i replaced the fuel pump & filter, the thermoatat
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: my best guess would be up hills an i dont know about the batteu i know the red terminal is cracked
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if i am able to, ill buy what i need an do it myself if you guys will give me a few tips
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: there is one more thing, itll start to sputter or some tapping sound an lose some power....
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
5/8/2016
Buick Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are very many things that could cause the engine to run poorly or die. You may have an inaccurate sensor causing the engine to run abnormally rich or lean, you may be losing proper spark due to a number of causes such as an erratic cam or crank sensor, failing coil or ignition module. You could have a wiring issue, the EGR valve may be hanging open when it shouldn't if you have EGR.What year and model is the vehicle?The positive battery terminal is physically broken and loose?
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician