Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Buick: My 2001 buick lesabre only dies while driving only battery

Customer Question
My 2001 buick lesabre only...
My 2001 buick lesabre only dies while driving only battery light comes on if I unplug the throutle positon sensor it will drive without dieding Ive replaced ignition module crank sensor mass air flow throttle position sensor power control module. and it will died if you unplug the mass air flow senser
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/1/2016
Buick Mechanic: Technician Chris, Technician replied 1 year ago
Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the GM techs here. Readying your description, it sounds to me like you have a bad wire or connection in the throttle position sensor circuit. See the attached diagram. You will want to start at the TPS connector, look for any damaged wires or corrosion build it. If that is good, go to the PCM and check pins 61, 66, and 33. Looking for any visual damage to the connector or pins or any corrosion build up. If all is well you will need a DMM 9digital multimeter) to continue the diag process. Let me know if you have one, and I will tell you how to proceed. - Chris
Technician Chris
Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician