Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

My 1986 Buick Park Avenue hood cable broke and I can no longer

Customer Question

My 1986 Buick Park Avenue hood cable broke and I can no longer open the hood. What can I do to remedy this?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The lever inside the car to lift the hood is broke. Now the cable is broken too.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible, I need to get it out of my garage so I can access my other cars and equipment.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Buick Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No I think this is all the details of this problem.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.*** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** .Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. .. The best way to open the hood is to have someone push down on it while you are pulling the cable. .If you can access any part of the cable from under the hood, in the grill area, you can cut the outer housing and strip it to where you can grab the cable itself with pliers and pull on it, (while someone pushes down on the hood) . If need be then you will have to lay down under the front of the vehicle and reach up in there with a screwdriver and activate the latch, where the cable goes. ..The only other way would be to get in there with a small wrench, and unbolt the latch itself.. Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..Thanks.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your emailin a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. Youwill just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTERyour email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO”section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,