FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2008 Lucerne. Replaced three motor mounts and now

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Lucerne. Replaced three motor mounts and now there is a vibration in the motor when in park or just stopped with brake on. Vibration transfers to steering wheel. This did not happen before the motor mounts were replaced.
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is*****'s see if we can get this figured out. First, I am not sure about the quality of the mounts that you used, but cheap mounts will do this every time. If they were good mounts then they may be misaligned. Loosen the bolts on all of the mounts a little and then start the engine for a few seconds and run the shifter through the gears. Then turn it off and tighten them back down. This will assist with removing any tension in the mounts. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. We will try this tomorrow.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If you need further help please let me know. Have a great rest of your night.