Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Can you teach me how to use a J2534 Pass Thru device so I…

Customer Question
Can you teach me how...
Can you teach me how to use a J2534 Pass Thru device so I can learn how to program computers off-board?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
I want specific instruction:complete answers will include:name, brand, and link to buy ALL the necessary equipmentlink to all necessary subscriptionsinstruction on how to set up equipment and plugs to complete programming of computers off-board.
Answered in 1 day by:
4/16/2016
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can you teach me how to use a J2534. No I can not, that would require face to face and a bunch of broken vehicles to experience every different scenario. For a new dealer tech it often takes about 3 months to get confident and comfortable using this tool to its full availability without experiencing a hiccup. You can purchase all the parts needed here. http://obd2.com/J2534/ It all depends on how you want to use the tool and on what and all the stuff you would like to do with it, to determine all the cables and and subscriptions to purchase. The software comes with all the instructions to follow for setup. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris