AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Im looking at buying a 2009 Toyota 4runner that was in an accident.

Customer Question

Im looking at buying a 2009 Toyota 4runner that was in an accident. Damage was reported as "severe" and after inspection I wondered if there was a way to tell if the engine is the original? My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I would like to know if there is a simple way to verify if the engine is the original engine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.
Hello. The VIN should be stamped the engine block. If the engine has been changed the number won't match the one in the windshield.Here is an image showing the location of the VIN depending on the engine. VIN LOCATION
VIN LOCATION
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to assist you. Please don't forget to rate my service so I can be compensated. Follow ups are always free after rating. Thank you.