Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My problem is with my 2006 rendezvous. the warning light

Customer Question

my problem is with my 2006 rendezvous. the warning light keeps coming on for the fuel filler when the tank is down to 3/4 full. recently I am getting a gas odor inside the cabin after filling the tank
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have replaced the filler cap 2 times with GM parts.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Do you know if there are any trouble codes stored for the EVAP system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know. It was the code for the fuel cap
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. There were some issues with a P0442, (Emissions Small Leak), which can also be caused by a bad gas cap.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the bulletin/instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks