Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 08 Buick and my Park Assist sensors off I recently…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** have a 08 Buick and my Park Assist sensors off I recently replace all four sensors thinking that it was a problem on my sensors one was cracked but I put them all anyway and his system still saying that's off

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Ok I know it should be something simple I don't know if I have to reset the system or

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

I went back and check the sensors connections to see if they will secure

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?

No not at this time

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
3/8/2016
Buick Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Build a cheap scan tool using a cellphone or laptop and retrieve the codes from the park assist module.

Here is how to make an inexpensive scan tool from a cellphone.

I bought his phone Alcatel Onetouch Pixi Pulsar A460G from the dollar general store for $20. It has the android system. You don't have to activate the phone or buy minutes, if you have a wireless router for your internet service. If you don't have internet service you can though purchase a USB adapter. The 2 adapters are either the USB which is a physical connection between the vehicle DLC and the phone or even a laptop. The other is WIFI, plus I believe it would work with Bluetooth also. Anyhow, I bought that phone for $20. Then purchase an ELM 327 adapter from here http://www.obdinnovations.com/elm327-wifi-obd2-diagnostics-scanner-for-apple-ios-android-pc/ for the wifi one or here http://www.obdinnovations.com/elm327-usb-cable-obd2-diagnostics-scanner-with-cp2102-chip/ for the usb one.

Then download the free software here, http://forscan.org/download.html

For the usb hookup you want the FORScan version 2.2.10 beta for Windows - free

If you want to go wifi, you will need internet access because you have to install it right from the cellphone from the google store but it's only like $5 for the FORScan Lite 1.1.3 for Android (Core 2.2.8) - paid