Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I have a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The key won't go into the

Customer Question
I have a 2003 Buick...
I have a 2003 Buick Rendezvous. The key won't go into the ignition and there is a flashing red light above a key symbol on the dash console.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car worked fine 3 hours ago. My wife parked it in our driveway and when she went to go somewhere, the key wouldn't go into the ignition switch. I noticed the flashing red light above a symbol of a key on the radio cluster console in the dash. From what I can find, I think it is something with the security system. Is there a way to override it or reset it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
3/6/2016
Buick Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 1 year ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Most of the time this is caused by a dead battery. If the battery in the vehicle is low enough then this will occur. If the battery is fine and if the connections at the battery are clean and tight then it more than likely has a bad ignition switch. It is a common failure on this vehicle. There is no way to reset it if it is the ignition switch. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician