Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am doing a 1994 Buick Roadmaster LT1 and 4l60e swap into a…

Customer Question
Hello, I am doing a...
Hello, I am doing a 1994 Buick Roadmaster LT1 and 4l60e swap into a 1997 Chevy Astro van that had a Vortec 4.3... I have the engine in the subframe... The donor car is on site. Also have the obd1 pcm from the donor... Im down to the wiring... I'm wondering if I can splice the astro bulkhead connector onto the LT1 wiring harness end and if i can just butt connect or solder the wires from pinouts of each connector but I cannot locate the pinouts for each of them or if its even feasible... Do you have any advice or at least the pinoits for each of them? Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
thank you!
Basically just wondering if i can cut and splice/connect lt1 wires to the astro connector...
3/4/2016
Buick Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

I can get you the pin out but its not going to work for you

Any explanation as to why it wont?
Pinous for both?

its not compatible the make a conversion kit for the wiring harness so you can match it up be a lot less of a headache

I have the wiring diagrams for both vehicles just not the pinouts...

ok giveme a few minutes I will find the pin outs for both

I can deal with a headache I don't want to spend $500 for a harness...

fair enough

Thank you!

not a problem I'm going to see if I can find them if I cant get them right now I can when I get to the shop in the morning

I am teaching myself a crash course in wiring diagram reading and wiring. I was a 67T In the army and am up to the challenge... Thanks for your time...

I was a 91 b or 63b depening on how long ago you was in lol

Gotta love Youtube I am a mobile mechanic in biz for almost a year now and want to do basic electrical work as well so this is dual purpose training...

you tube helps

Thank you for your service! I was a Blackhawk mechanic...
I hope you get a good sized chunk of the proceeds...

get like 50 % of what you pay its not a bad gig I make like 1500 a month doing it in my spare time

if you would like when I get the pin out we can do a video call I can help walk you through it

Sweet! I have the obd1 pcm it will mount in the astro as its the same case i read that just the number 2 and 9 pins need to be changed for the data port in the connector under the dash and have a snapon scanner with adapter and key...

that will work

I need both pinouts please I sent you pics of the connectors needed... I have all the wiring diagrams for both vehicles...

looking for them now

Ok kool sorry not pressing just verifying you said pinout (singular) lol... I'm not in a rush as it is dark and am on kiddo duty will start tomorrow... So which other makes do you cover personally?
Is the phone calls section of this just ask deal 28 per call?

something like that I can change the prices some what but they are normally around 26 dollars that's where we really make are money at

Gotcha... So other makes? I get stumped in the field occasionally and have shops I deal with but sometimes they dont have answers and google is hit or miss unless you type meticulously specifically...
Hence the reason for our discussion this evening...

Nissan chevy dodge Toyota I'm really good with

Kool... So are you an auto electric tech as well?
Sorry to keep asking so many questions...

I just got my certified in electronics a few weeks ago not something I would say I'm a master at but I can get the job done

Sweet you know way more than me then lol!
I pretty much am hands on self trained...
The pinouts are worth the price of admission any extra help I can get to get my rig up and running is sell worth the monthly fee... I am currently working out of an 01 legacy wagon... Its best truck Subaru makes lol... But too many tools need to move into my astro...

under stand that I will get with you in the morning and send you the pin outs

Ok great... would you be able to ask around the shop if anyone has done a v8 conversion? also emissions arent required here in Santa Fe county so anything I can delete besides air pump egr and cats would be kool... Thanks again!

yeah will do

Any word yet?
Did you find the pinouts?
Can you at least reply with something?
cloe0626
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic