Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 buick lucerne will not shift out of park. I can here…

Customer Question
2006 buick lucerne will...

2006 buick lucerne will not shift out of park. I can here the solenoid engaging when I move the shift lever. the brake lights come on when I depress the brake pedal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Car was running fine. My wife stopped to get the mail and put it into park. When she tried to shift it out of park, the shift lever will move to one side, but will not move out of park. When I move the lever to the side, I can here the solenoid engaging inside the steering column. When I put the brakes on, the brake loghts do come on, but I still cannot shift it out of park.

Mechanic's Assistant: Oh No! Brake problems are the worst. The Buick Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing more than trying to shift it out of park.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
2/27/2016
Buick Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Just to confirm, when you press the brake pedal you can hear a clicking in the shifter, but it will not come out of park?