Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** and here is my issue. The battery in…

Customer Question
Hi! My name is...

Hi! My name is ***** ***** and here is my issue. The battery in my 2007 Buick Lucerne is dead and I want to know if I can use the remote terminal under the hood to charge it back up, or do I have to go right to the battery itself under the back seat? The owner's manual doesn't say anything about charging the battery using the remote terminal, only about jump starting it. I'm 65 years old and partially disabled so if I can safely avoid wrestling with that heavy back seat when it isn't really necessary, I sure would like to. Can you give me some guidance, please? Thanks, Joel!

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

No, not really. I am pretty sure that the battery died because I didn't drive it often enough, nor far enough, to recharge the power that was used for starting and all the electrical power-eaters in the car - the computer being one of them. :-)

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
2/18/2016
Buick Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

yes you can charge it and or jump start it from the remote terminals..That is safe and correct to do

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you