Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Passenger side blow cold air, not much heat. changed

Customer Question

passenger side blow cold air, not much heat. changed actuator but not resolved.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the driver side hvac is fine but passenger side seems to blow a mix of cold and warm air. installed new passenger side acuator but problem persists.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Can I get the year, make, model?

While the actuator was off, did you try to move the door shaft by hand to see f the door was binding and to see if you could fully change the temp?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll give that a try. but I'm in Manitoba so I'll have to wait until the temp. rises a little. Supposed to be warmer this week though. The make is Buick Enclave, CXL year 2011. I also pulled the fuses and re-installed to see if it would recallibrate. No luck. I'm thinking it may be the recirculating mechanism because when I push the button for it on the HVAC control panel, the button light blinks and won't remain on as other HVAC controls do. The defrost, dash, and floor vents all seems to respond okay when I push the respective control button on the panel. And I can hear the actuator working to open and close the HVAC chamber doors. Hope this helps.

The flashing light normally means the HVAC control has detected an issue, stored a code. Meaning it has discovered a concern with the door, actuator or within the HVAC control.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris