Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I,m. have a 2004 Buick lesabre, transmission dis-engaged

Customer Question
Hi I,m John. have...
Hi I,m John. have a 2004 Buick lesabre, transmission dis-engaged while on freeway. Trans fluids look okay. After car is off and turned back on trans will Engage for about 15-20seconds. Then it quits working. When I first turn on the car there is a whirring sound coming from the left side of the engine by the air filter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Buick
2/15/2016
Buick Mechanic: Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the noise sounds like the front pump in the transmission. it may be starving for fluid. I suggest dropping the pan and changing the filter to see if it takes care of the issue. if not, then the pump has failed.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for that information but that doesn't help me right now . I'm stranded right now and 300 miles from home. Do you have anyother suggestions?

there is nothing else you can do. you need to check what I told you. sorry, no easy solution to this.

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Roy Belding
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician