john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

My 2005 buick rendezvous runs great at an idle but when you

Customer Question

my 2005 buick rendezvous runs great at an idle but when you start going it does fine at first then its like the throttle stops working. you have to let out of it and then ease back in it to get going.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its like the throttle stops working. and if I put it to the floor it will rev up but it don't go any faster
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

is the engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I changed a coil there is no check engine lights on, the awd light is on and the anti lock light is on.

have you scanned it for abs codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I don't have that scanner at home. can the brakes throwing a code on this car put it in limp mode??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I'm going if I hold the rpm low and steady it will climb up to speed limits but if I push the gas to qwickly it falls on its face then I have to slow down and start again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at an idle it revs up fine

I can ,,, we need those codes to get a idea of what going on ...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ill have to wait to hook up to diff scanner

ok let me know