Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 buick lesabre. when I full the car up with gas after a…

Customer Question
2004 buick lesabre...
2004 buick lesabre . when I full the car up with gas after a small usage the gauge as well as other gauges will become eratic when the gas gauge drop back to about half full every gauge goes back to normal what is the problem I have had the instrument cluster repaired but it done no goodj
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/11/2016
Buick Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 2 years ago
Reggie Whiddon

Hi I'm Reggie and I'm happy to help you. Your car needs to be scanned for codes in the engine and body control modules. And also the sending unit in the tank checked independently of the system.

The most likely cause being that you have eliminated the cluster is a faulty sending unit or ground for sending unit I have seen them short out and spike bcm and cluster. But in order to know for sure you'd do those test

Buick Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 2 years ago

Sir are you still working on this can i help you further

Reggie;YOU SAID IN YOU LAST SENTANCE THAT TO KNOW FOR SURE I WOULD HAVE TO THESES TESTS DID YOU MEAN THE CKECKING FOR THE VARIOUS CODE AS PER YOUR FIRST SENTANCE??????
Buick Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 2 years ago

Sir I apologize if my method of explaining sounded confusing. Checking for the codes would be the first thing to do because that would be the easiest. Let me know if there is anything i can do to help you fix this.