Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The light is flashing when the key is on so i left the key…

Customer Question
The light is flashing when...
The light is flashing when the key is on so i left the key on until the light went solid 3 times but still not turning over
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/11/2016
Buick Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

What light is flashing? The check engine light, the security/theft light or some other light? If the security/theft light do you have another key you can use?

Security light

try another key first.

Dont have another one

I keep accepting your phone call request but an error message says, "Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation"

have they contacted you?

Anyhow, let me see if I can find a relearn procedure.

Already found it on my own

Found what?

If you don't have a scan tool, this is the procedure,

30 Minute Learn Procedure

Important

The vehicle learns the password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
  6. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the password).
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).

Do you continue to request a premium service and if so what service and is it giving you a error message?

No not sure whats up but i got it
No its all good got it on my own

ok

Sorry broke my phone got the ignition working now trying to figureout how to unlock the radio had to change pcm to make this ignition work when someone tried to steal this car they cut wiires in the old colume which shorted out the pcm now trying to find code for radio