Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1993 Buick Roadmaster 200K miles at freeway speed engine…

Customer Question
1993 Buick Roadmaster 200K miles...
1993 Buick Roadmaster 200K miles at freeway speed engine looses power transmission willnot down shift. after 2 miles all was well. also tach needle viberated/wavered no check engine lights
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
1/30/2016
Buick Mechanic: Pete, Buick Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Buick Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the loss of power and no transmission down shifts this can be due to a fault with one of the transmission components like the transmission valve body or a shift solenoid in the valve body itself.If you have not had the fault codes checked at all this needs done and any codes set will need to be diagnosed and repaired to correct this fault here.If you have had the codes checked and if any are set let me know.If no codes are set the transmission will need checked/tested to see if this is a valve body fault or possibly a shift solenoid needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, in the light of day, it is not the transmission at all. I ran the DTC checker and had no DTC messages. I took it for a drive and the engine started misssing, very low power, the tach needle was shaking but the transmission shifted ok.
I'm thinking fule filter, a plug wire or wires, dirty "injector" . Maybe a faulty fule pump... If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them. Of course I'll pay you for this added questioning! Thanks Bill Jones I just saw the phone call option. I'll wait for your call. thanks bill
Buick Mechanic: Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

trying to call but there is a issue with your payment. if you resolve this, I will be glad to call and help

Roy

I am unable to accept the request for the call as well as it says there is an issue with the payment.If you want we can continue here instead just let me know.

Thanks Pete