rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2000 Buick LaSabre with 186000 miles on it. It

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Buick LaSabre with 186000 miles on it. It vibrates badly at around forty miles per hour. It has new tires has been aligned and wheels balanced with new motor mounts. The transmission mounts have also been checked. What is causing the vibration?
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

The transmission output shaft or the axles being damaged or out of balance can also cause this vibration.

Thanks, Ron