Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Ed AtKisson: Oil leaks on athat apparently started after a

Customer Question

Customer: Ed AtKisson: Oil leaks on a*****that apparently started after a serious overfill of the oil.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A shop told the owner, a friend of mine, that the valve cover gaskets, intake gasket, and o rings on the injectors would need to be replaced at an estimate of about $500.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Buick Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The O rings on the injector will not cause the engine to leak oil but if they are leaking they can cause a fuel leak. That being said, the valve cover gasket as well as the intake could cause the engine to leak oil if in fact they are bad. Where are they telling you the leaks are coming from? Post back with full details and I will try and help you with this.