Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

2011 buick enclave pass seat heater inop, light comes on

Customer Question

2011 buick enclave pass seat heater inop, light comes on for short period of time but heater never gets warm and shuts off. Seat heater connectors cushion and seat back get source voltage, 1 sec before switch kicks off they lose voltage to 0. Resistances from drivers compared to pass sides at each connector are the same, msm open circuits at 2 wires foe pass side when switch is on.. msm issue?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing in most cases is caused by a failed seat heater element. In most cases if that is the case the system will set and store a fault code and or codes. If you can connect a scan tool to the system and scan for fault codes and post back with the code I can direct you from there. The MSM may be the problem but there should be a fault code either way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fault codes, have a snapon ethos scanner only code is a history srs code.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In most cases there should be a fault code. Makes it hard to do the pinpoint testing with out knowing where to start.