How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Jones Your Own Question
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Category: Buick
Satisfied Customers: 504
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
Type Your Buick Question Here...
Daniel Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra and was taking off the

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra and was taking off the Orings of the fuel injectors and i pulled off the little metal rings at the tip of one of the injectors. Are these replaceable?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

do you mean the little tip on the end of the injector ?

can you upload a picture of it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, that is correct, the little tip on the end of the injector.

let me get a picture of it.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.


if it is what i am thinking it is not replaceable and is part of the injector itself i am sorry to say

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it looks like a small spacer that is on the tip of the injector where the orign sits. all the other ones, seems that you can turn these in a circle on the injector.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

technically you need to replace the injector but i have seen many times if one comes off to just leave it off and the injector will still work fine

i was told they are there to help with keeping the mist out of it more so in a cone pattern longer but like i said i have seen many missing one or two and the car ran fine

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

here is a picture of some injectors i found online and an arrow to the piece. You see the oring sits next to them so if i leave them out, how will the oring seal.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

great picture

yes that HAS to be there to hold the o-ring from walking down the injector

if that is broken or falling off you need to replace that injector i am sorry to say

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

seems the piece is replaceable as i see a groove where it used to go, it is not like it broke,

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

will it snap into place and be like the other ones ?

they do not sell that piece separate...just the o-rings they sell seperate

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you at least tell me what those are called. I notice other types of injectors have pintel caps.

I think I found some kits that should work. Seems these are called Type 3 fuel injectors and check this out.

Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

I see the other Expert Opted out.

Do you still need an answer to this question?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****