Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Tec. i need to know how to replace crankshaft position

Customer Question
hello tec. i need to...
hello tec. i need to know how to replace crankshaft position sensor on my 2011 buick lacrosse cxs 3.6v. also if u can provide me layout or diagram to were the part is. thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
12/3/2015
Buick Mechanic: Ron Z., - Buick Tech - replied 2 years ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Buick Tech -

On this vehicle, the Crankshaft Position Sensor is located on the side of the engine closest to the windshield, towards the bottom of the engine. Best access will be from under the vehicle, working upwards. Keep in mind, after the sensor has been replaced, there is a re-learn procedure that will need to be done. This will require the use of a scan-tool that can interact with the on-board computer. I've wrapped up the sensor location and replacement procedure into a PDF file. Download the PDF file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4nhdbqmq4thz36/buick-crank.pdf?dl=0

thanks that's help alot. also if you know, buick mec said there is special relearn procedure for this part. can you or if you know how this procedure works. thanks again

Correct- As stated above, after the sensor has been replaced, there is a re-learn procedure that will need to be done. This will require the use of a scan-tool that can interact with the on-board computer. If the re-learn is not done, engine performance issue can occur.

do i take it in or how can i do it if possibal.

If you do not have access to a scan-tool that can interact with the on-board computer, then it cannot be done. There is no procedure to accomplish the re-learn without the scan-tool. You will need to find a shop that has the correct scan-tool.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. If you cannot rate or do not see the rating stars, please let me know. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate.

thanks you, you help alot.

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating! Have a great day!

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I thought I'd check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you in referece to this issue? Did you have any further questions?

..

as a matter of fact i do i replaced my crankshaft sensor, but my check engine light is still on saying my camshaft postilion sensor is not sensing in bank 1 . were is camshaft located on the diagram

Can you give me the actual "p-code" that is present. AND- it'll help me a ton if you leave a rating for our previous Q&A session.

p008
or p0008

P008 is not a valid code for this vehicle. AND- it'd help me a ton if you could leave a rating for our previous Q&A session.

The P0008 will take us off of your original thread topic. I will need to send you an Additional Services Offer so that we may continue off-topic. Please accept the offer so that we may continue.

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Buick Tech -