Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2205 buick lasaber used.

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** and I have a 2205 buick lasaber used. every once in a while when I drive to work which is 54 miles and pull into the parking lot of work and turn car off and start it five min later a I have a low battery. its happens peroidicly. I have never repaced the battery but had it checked once and the tech stated it had a good charge it is a derecell battery
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi amedee my car which has a full battery charge will start right off then when I turn it off and back on again every once in a while I will get low battery
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Buick Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** does sound like your battery may be the problem. If tech just checked battery charge that isn't enough, a battery load test must be done. You can have battery load tested at your local parts store for free, I do not see anything else that would cause this problem. The alternator is responsible for keeping battery charged but if that was the problem your battery warning light would come on while driving. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions, thanks.