Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 98 Buick Regal just shuts off when coming to a

Customer Question

I have a 98 Buick Regal just shuts off when coming to a stop. I just replaced the ignition control module today and that didn't fix it.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** it always restart right away? Is the check engine light on? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it always starts rite back up and yes the service engine soon light is on
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Does the light ever flash? Do you know what codes your getting? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't blink and I don't have anything to check the codes. :/
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

As of right now it sounds like you may just have a dirty throttle body which is common to cause stalling. The fix would be to get throttle body cleaner, spray it onto a rag, then wipe out throttle bore as good as possible. I would start by checking diagnostic codes though, most parts stores will do this for free. You can reply back to this answer at any time without additional fees if you have more questions or once getting codes. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks