Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My 2005 Buick terrazzo stability control came and it applied

Customer Question

My 2005 Buick terrazzo stability control came and it applied the brakes when I go above 50 mph about every time. Scared,,,,,
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I have seen this happen when either a wiring harness gets rubbed through or the electronic brake control module malfunctions.

Do you plan to fix it yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will look into the harness. It only has 65k and kept clean. Might be control module!
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

You will need a good scan tool to fully diagnose it, but I would check the following:

1. Check for wire harness rub-through at the wiper crank arm area.

2. Monitor the 5 V reference and ground for the Yaw Rate sensor.

3. The 5 V reference is a Dark Green, circuit #2087, pin 19 of the EBCM and pin B of the sensor.

4. The ground is a Light Blue, circuit #2088, pin 29 of the EBCM and pin D of the sensor.

5. Also, check wiring at the underside of the Underhood Bussed Electrical Center (UBEC) for corrosion or evidence of rodents or damage.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

You should also inspect the front wheel speed sensor wiring harnesses.

Scan the system for trouble codes.

Scan the data stream from the steering angle sensor and look for irregularities.