Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I was wondering if you are fimiliar with reprogramming a bcm

Customer Question
Good morning. I was wondering...
Good morning. I was wondering if you are fimiliar with reprogramming a bcm in a 2004 buick park Avenue using a gm mdi. The security software isnt an issue as i can flash it in there using j2534 but i need help with the final setup as this module needs to have configuration data and point of purchase info loaded into it manually. I will be using tech2win to communicate.
This, of course, is a one shot deal as if the wrong info is entered the bcm is garbage and i will have to get another one so accuracy is critical.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Paul
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
11/11/2015
Buick Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) PROGRAMMING/RPO CONFIGURATION PROCEDURE TO SET UP A BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) IMPORTANT: The air bag indicator light may remain ON after the BCM module is replaced, and during the programming procedure for the BCM, until after the procedure is completed and the ignition key is cycled OFF and ON. After replacement of the BCM, use a scan tool to perform the following procedure.

1. Connect a scan tool to the data link connector (DLC).

2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

3. Under the BCM Main Menu, select Special Functions. Under the Special Functions menu, one of the choices is Setup SDM Serial Number in BCM.

4. Setup the SDM Serial Number in BCM. To continue with the procedure, follow the scan tool on screen prompts

5. After the user chooses Setup BCM, the scan tool displays a screen as follows: - Do you want to set up a Body Control Module? - Select Setup BCM to set up module or press Exit to go back to Special Functions menu.

5.1. If the user selects Setup BCM, the scan tool displays: Now Setting Up the New Body Control Module.

5.2. Once complete, the scan tool displays: Body Control Module Setup is Complete.

5.3. Press EXIT to Go to Special Functions Menu.

6. To complete the procedure, select Set Options from the Special Functions Menu.

7. Under the Set Options menu, the user selects the following: - Point of Sale, to continue with the procedure, follow the scan tool on screen instructions to Select the Point of Sale. - Load Management Option, to continue with the procedure, follow the scan tool on screen instructions to Select the Load Management Option. - Press Exit, to go back to Special Functions menu.

IMPORTANT: After programming, perform the following to avoid future misdiagnosis:

1. Turn the ignition OFF for 10 seconds.

2. Connect the scan tool to the data link connector.

3. Turn the ignition ON with the engine OFF.

4. Use the scan tool in order to retrieve history DTCs from all modules.

5. Clear all history DTCs.

Thanks for the reply but i probably wasn't specific enough in my question. Where do i find the point of sale, setup, and load managment options to install into the new bcm. I have the box and it has a sticker on it but no other info.
Good morning. I was wondering if the load management options are avalible on the ac delco tech connect website or does this refer to the option sticker on the vehicle inside the trunk lid
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager