Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I just read about that fuse link wire. Mine is burned. Where

Customer Question
Hi paul. I just read...
Hi paul. I just read about that fuse link wire. Mine is burned. Where can i buy a replacement plug with the proper awg wires and fuse link wires?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
10/29/2015
Buick Mechanic: AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. I am sorry you have waited so long for a response. If you are trying to replace a fuse link, they make inline mini fuse holders that you can install to take the place of your bad fuse link. I will attach an image of what I am referring to. Please let me know if this helps, or if I am not understanding the question and I will be more than happy to look further into it.

Thanx 4the link but i wanted a replacement part number

For the original part that came out of the car? or for the inline fuse?

the part itself. I read a question and answer on here where the technician described where to look. Its a 3 wire plug that's on the battery wire.! Burned just as described

Ok. off hand, I am not sure what you are talking about since I am unaware of the QA forum your referencing, or the particular issue you are having, but when fuse links go bad, we do not re order them from GM by their OE part number. We usually just get these inline fuses and replace the bad fuse link with these. If you would like, I can opt out in hopes that another tech comes along that might know the part number of the item your looking for if you would really rather have the original equipment fusible link installed. Just let me know.

Ok.. I would prefer someone who is familiar with the plug, thank u

I am sorry I was unable to assist you to your satisfaction. I will opt out now. If someone has the exact part numbers, they will reply. Thanks for allowing me to try and help you with this.

Thank u for ur assisst
Buick Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Jones

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

I see the other Expert Opted out.

Can you provide me with your VIN#?

Also a picture of where the fusible link is?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

don't have access 2the vin @the moment but here's the pics of the plug in this link
http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthread.php?5700-Electrical-Mystery-Anyone-Seen-This!!!!
Hello? Have i been forgotten?
Buick Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Can you provide me with your VIN#?

So I can check on the correct parts.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Vin #1G4AG55M2T6459777
Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician