Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2003 lesaber has started to lock the doors when I t a

Customer Question

my 2003 lesaber has started to lock the doors when I hit a bump
also the radio changes
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

While driving, does the door ajar indicator ever flash on, or the courtesy lamps come on briefly?

Is the radio changing station, AM/FM, radio to CD?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't see the door ajar come on. It did shift from am to fm. Part of me wants to say it shifted from remain miles in the tank to mileage log on the side display but can be sure.

Are these the only things effected, the radio and locks. For a radio to change from FM to AM, it has to happen internally, there is not a external component that can do that. When a radio loses power or ground it can change to AM like when disconnecting a battery for a repair or replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The clock or the presets never reset which usually happens when with a battery outage doesn't it?

The radio has internal capacitors that retain volts to keep the presets and clock for a minimum of 1 hour with no voltage to the radio.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do we do now?

Are these the only things effected, the radio and locks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's all that I noticed

Thanks, ***** ***** bump causes this then we should be able to duplicate this while testing. Can you remove the radio and have an assistant use a volt meter to monitor some wires to see if they lose power or ground.

2 orange wires from fuse 21

3 black ground wires from under the drivers seat and next to the front passengers right foot

Hello again, I am sorry you were not pleased with my help.

I hate that you paid to get an answer but left, what appears to me, not satisfied.

Just so you know I am still here and available to help any day. We can start over fresh or just pick up where we left off.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you were asking me to do is beyond my expertise.

So, how do you feel like I could help you so you would be happy with my assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know. What normally happens when your fix is harder than the person can accomplish?

Rarely am I put in that position being most that come here are wanting to diagnose and fix the car themselves. Do you know anyone that does work on cars that can help you do these tests for me?