Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

HOW ARE YOU I HAVE A 2009 BUICK ENCLAVE THAT HAS CODES C0710

Customer Question

HOW ARE YOU I HAVE A 2009 BUICK ENCLAVE THAT HAS CODES C0710 AND U2142
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** are troubleshooting procedures you need to follow for this code. It sounds like you may have a wiring problem but you will not know until tests are done. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Both DTC C0710 and U2142 are set

• Ignition OFF and all vehicle systems OFF. Disconnect the harness connectors at the steering wheel speed position sensor. It may take up to 2 minutes for all vehicle systems to power down.
  • Test for less than 10 Ω between the low reference circuit terminal 6 and ground.
  1. If 10 Ω or greater
  1. 2.1.

Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the electronic brake control module.

2.2. Test for less than 2 Ω in the low reference circuit end to end.

• If 2 Ω or greater, repair the open/high resistance in the circuit between the splice and the electronic brake control module.
  • If less than 2 Ω, replace the electronic brake control module.
  1. If less than 10 Ω
  2. Ignition ON.
  • Verify a test lamp illuminates between the ignition circuit terminal 5 and ground.
  1. If the test lamp does not illuminate
  1. 4.1.

Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connectors at the yaw and lateral accelerometer sensor, ignition ON.

4.2. Verify a test lamp illuminates between the ignition circuit and ground.

4.3. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connectors at the electronic brake control module.

4.4. Test for infinite resistance between the ignition circuit and ground.

4.5. Test for less than 2 Ω in the ignition circuit end to end between the steering wheel speed position sensor and the electronic brake control module terminal 32.

• If the test lamp illuminates, replace the yaw and lateral accelerometer sensor.
  • If the test lamp does not illuminate
  • If less than infinite resistance, repair the short ground on the circuit.
  • If infinite resistance
  • If greater than 2 Ω, repair the open/high resistance in the circuit.
  1. If the test lamp illuminates
  2. Test for less than 4.5 V between the serial data circuits listed below and ground.
  • Terminal 2
  • Terminal 3
  1. If 4.5 V or greater
  1. 5.1.

5.2. Test for less than 4.5 V between the serial data circuit and ground.

5.3. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connectors at the electronic brake control module, ignition ON.

5.4. Test for less than 1 V between the serial data circuit and ground.

• If 4.5 V or less, replace the yaw and lateral accelerometer sensor.
  • If greater than 4.5 V
  • If 1 V or greater, repair the short to voltage on the circuit.
  • If less than 1 V, replace the electronic brake control module.
  1. If less than 4.5 V
  2. Ignition OFF and all vehicle systems OFF. It may take up to 2 minutes for all vehicle systems to power down.
  • Test for greater than 100 Ω between the serial data circuits listed below and ground.
  • Terminal 2
  • Terminal 3
  1. If 100 Ω or less
  1. 7.1.

Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connectors at the electronic brake control module.

7.2. Test for greater than 100 Ω between the serial data circuit and ground.

7.3. Disconnect the harness connectors at the yaw and lateral accelerometer sensor.

7.4. Test for infinite resistance between the serial data circuit and ground.

• If 100 Ω or greater, replace the electronic brake control module.
  • If less than 100 Ω
  • If less than infinite resistance, repair the short to ground on the circuit.
  • If infinite resistance, replace the yaw and lateral accelerometer sensor.
  1. If greater than 100 Ω
  2. Test for 50–70 Ω between the serial data circuits terminal 2 and 3.
  3. If less than 50 Ω
  1. 8.1.

8.2. Test for greater than 110 Ω between the serial data circuits.

8.3. Disconnect the harness connectors at the yaw and lateral accelerometer sensor.

8.4. Test for infinite resistance between the serial data circuits.

• If 110 Ω or greater, replace the electronic brake control module.
  • If less than 110 Ω
  • If less than infinite resistance, repair the short between the circuits.
  1. If greater than 70 Ω
  1. 8.1.

8.2. Test for less than 2 Ω in the serial data circuits listed below end to end.

8.3. Test for less than 130 Ω between the serial data circuits terminal 2 and 3.

8.4. Disconnect the harness connectors at the yaw and lateral accelerometer sensor.

8.5. Test for less than 2 Ω in the serial data circuits listed below end to end.

• The steering wheel speed position sensor terminal 2 and the electronic brake control module terminal 24
    • The steering wheel speed position sensor terminal 3 and the electronic brake control module terminal 37
    • If less than 2 Ω
  • If 130 Ω or less, replace the electronic brake control module.
  • If greater than 130 Ω
    • The steering wheel speed position sensor terminal 2 and the yaw and lateral accelerometer sensor terminal 2
    • The steering wheel speed position sensor terminal 3 and the yaw and lateral accelerometer sensor terminal 3
    • If less than 2 Ω, replace the yaw and lateral accelerometer sensor.
  1. If between 50–70 Ω
  2. Replace the steering wheel speed position sensor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a refund I didn't not like the way you guys work
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I can walk you through testing if that is what you would like or answer any follow questions you may have. Or do you prefer a refund? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I want a refund you could have called me. I'll just find somebody else to help me
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I'll put in refund request. I was away from computer so did not get phone call notification. I also think this would be easier to solve over chat so I have time to review everything. But again, I'll put in refund request. Have a good evening, rating is not required.