rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Vlad, My single mom daughter has a 2001 Buick Le Sabre with

Customer Question

Hi Vlad, My single mom daughter has a 2001 Buick Le Sabre with Passkey III Theft Deterrent. Battery good, When I turn the key on, security light and dash gauges comes on, then security light goes off after a couple of seconds. When I try to start, nothing happens with the motor. The under hood starter relay clicks (I can feel it with my finger). Have not tested the purple solenoid wire yet. Car was working fine for 14 years, then started this issue intermittently, now won't start at all. Earlier posts by you suggest that this might be the starter enable relay if there is no current in the purple solenoid wire when the key is turned to start. If so, where might I find this relay or will I have to buy the whole TDS module. Is there a GM part number for this relay?
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant to say, what is the GM part number for this relay, not just is there a part number..
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.

I have been in this business since 1975. I am ASE certified and an auto instructor.I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear,or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating”in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem, I’ll help you through it.

Please see attachment of relay being inside the PCM control module. Please have this diagnosed properly so you don't waste money on a PCM. Check the wiring thoroughly. Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I'm just following up to see if you have any more questions. Please don't forget to rate me too:)

Thanks, Ron