Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Buick LeSabre Custom: I bought a 2002 lesabre custom. The key

Customer Question

I bought a 2002 lesabre custom. The key fob did not work so I replaced the battery. Then I bought 2 spares. Brought all 3 to a shop who has the GM Tech 2 scanner. They put it in program mode (the doors locks cycled) but none of the key fobs would program. Then I had all 3 key fobs tested for transmitting RF signals. All tested OK. Then brought to a locksmith. They had the same problem and also tried there own key fob with the same result. I am assuming it is the RCDLR but I cannot find any information on the location, how to troubleshoot it or replace it. Any ideas?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
If the door locks cycle when entering programming mode then the receiver module has power and ground signals. The fact that it will not accept the transmitters tells you the module is bad. The module is located in the trunk behind the rear seat. Remove the plastic panel at the front of the trunk for access to replace the RCDLR.