Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Buick 2001: 2001 buick century custom ac and cooling fans not

Customer Question
2001 buick century custom ac...
2001 buick century custom ac and cooling fans not working
Full freon all will work when I ground post on relays but not getting a ground signal
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Buick
With scan tool hook to car it shows signal when I cycle on and off ac switch to be workingClutch still not engaging have also replaced high pressure switch
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/26/2015
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Have you checked for a broken wire from the computer to the relay, do you need a wire diagram?
Yes no brake wireI grounded dk green and white wire from pcm and compress will engage on pin 39
Use the diagram below if needed.Do you have a scan tool that can see if the PC is getting an AC request signal from the HVAC module? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Yes I have scan tool and yes it it receiving a signal
Great, will your tool show you the pressure sensor reading? If it to is registering good then its the PCM to blame for not grounding the circuit to the AC relay.
I cannot read pressure at the pressure sensor but I have replaced it with no change is there another way to check it
Since you have replace the sensor, there is no need to test it. This leaves OHM testing the sensor wires from the sensor to the PCM to make sure they are not broken. If they are good then the PCM is bad.
Well I had another shop to check buick out and it wasn't computerIt was the 5v wire to pressure sensor broken
Paid them to repair wire and works fine
Super news
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician