Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Buick Century: My 05 buick centry has 3.4 the hot wire keeps

Customer Question

My 05 buick centry has 3.4 the hot wire keeps melting off my starter sylinoid and drains my alternator any help
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just put a new alternator in it and new starter solenoid put in its back to square one stater wire is off once I do start it the alternator isint charging
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the long waitit is just the wire from the starter power stud to the alternator that keeps melted or burning out ?how long before it melts and burns out ?what are is the melting happening ?