Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Buick: , I have a 06 Buick Rainer 4.2 awd. I have come across

Customer Question

hi, I have a 06 Buick Rainer 4.2 awd. I have come across skipping of what I though was the rear axel. It would build up pressure then go boom. Then its alright. So my mechanic said it was the back end so it got replaced and it still does it. I took the drive shift off the back and it still does it. Could this be the transfer motor or is it on the front axel?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Since it still occurs with the driveshaft out, that means its not the AWD driveline to blame. Is this just a noise or a feeling as well? Does this occur only when turning pr at a certain speed? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, this both noise and feeling it when the it final catches up after the boom then it drives alright. It happens the most when in reverse just started doing it when driving forward.
See if you can duplicate this on a rack.Check the transfer case while manually spinning the drive shaft to see if there excessive noise coming from within.