Bill
Bill, Buick Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician
50714430

Buick Lucerne CXS: what is involved in serviceing the lane

Customer Question

what is involved in serviceing the lane changing depatrure warning
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.
I am not setup for live phone calls however I can tell you that the system is actually quite simple and the failure is almost certainly in the camera which is mounted by your inside rear view mirror. After replacement however, the module must be programmed and calibrated. Programming takes dealer level equipment. The calibration procedure after programming is basically driving the vehicle on a road with well marked lane markings so the camera can see them and calibrate itself.
Bill