Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

Buick Rainier: Pete, A picture is worth a thousand words.

Customer Question

Hi Pete,
A picture is worth a thousand words. Can you post a picture of the terms you are using.
For example, I am a veterinarian. If I asked you to disengage the wrapped linear foreign body from the distal metacarpal area of your dogs right forelimb, you might scratch your forehead. But if I showed you a picture you for sure would be able to do it:)
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.
Hello again.
The low pressure cycling switch is located below in the link (copy and paste the link to a new web page or web tab to view it.It is on the ac accumulator under the hood and has an electrical connector plugged into it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbt8jquyfk280id/low-07-06.gif?dl=0
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey Pete, we're trying to access the front headlamp to change the bulb out and were clueless as to how to remove the headlamp assembly
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Below is the procedure on how to remove the headlamp.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vethombnysrovti/head-07-06.gif?dl=0
Removal Procedure
1. Open and support the hood.
2. Pull up on the retaining tabs (1) in order to remove the headlamp assembly from the headlamp panel.
3. Disconnect the headlamp electrical connector (2) from the headlamp assembly.
4. Remove the park/turn socket (3) from the headlamp assembly.
5. Remove the headlamp assembly from the headlamp panel.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Pete,
We have completed step one.
Step 2 Please provide a picture or more complete description of the retaining tabs (1) which we are supposed to pull up on. I assume (1) is in reference to a diagram perhaps? Can you send the diagram?Thanks!!
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
1 is in the above diagram link.I will post it below again (copy and paste the below link to a new web page or web tab to view it).
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hey pete, that diagram is as clear as mud to me, i just plain don't know what I'm looking at there. Is the diagram a view of the grill from the inside rather than the outside?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
The diagram is the back of the head light.At the top of the head light should be two tabs to pull up which is what you need to lift up to release the head light.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well Pete, my son and I finally did get the new bulb in. My sister found a video that she forwarded to us. As I mentioned from the start, a picture is worth a thousand words. The process was very straightforward once we could see it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A video would be a very helpful tool with your service