Arench
Arench, Master Technician
Experience:  30-years experience auto and truck repair.
13630601

I have a misfire on cylinder #5. was told to replace coil

Customer Question

I have a misfire on cylinder #5. was told to replace coil pack. Can I replace just this coil pack?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Arench replied 2 years ago.
Good morning my name is ***** ***** I will help you sort this out.Can you please tell me the model of the Buick, ex. Lucerne, Enclave, LaCrosseand confirm the engine is a 3.8 liter V-6 or a 3.6 liter V-6.If you are unsure about this then type in the 17-character vin number.
Expert:  Arench replied 2 years ago.
I see you have posted in another question that the car is an Enclave so the six cylinder engine is a 3.6 liter. This engine had individual coils, not a coil pack so yes you can buy one coil. The number five cylinder is in the rear of the engine (windshield side) last position toward the drivers side. The Delphi part number for the coil is GN10494.