Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Buick: I have a 2009 Buick Lurcurne CXL the CD player just

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Buick Lurcurne CXL the CD player just died no display looks like no
Power . Can I remove and reset CD player ? If so how do you remove single CD player pnly
Category: Buick
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 2 years ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Because this Unit is a Class 2 DATA Type Radio / CD, you need use of Dealer Scan Tool to Test & Program, if there is NO Display or No sound.Test Fuse "RADIO" (44) located in the Rear Fuse PanelThat is the only fuse for the Radio, as the BCM (body control module) turns the Unit On & OffIF the CD is the only issue, you can Remove the Unit by "carefully" prying the Radio Dash Surround off with a Plastic Trim StickRemove the screws retaining the UnitUnplug the Unit "completely" for apprx 5 minutesReconnect & try UnitIF CD still does not respond, then Repair or Replace is neededRepair est apprx $165.00 - 245.00 depending on Shop & PartsYou will need use of Dealer Scan Tool to Programapprx 1 hour labor.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..
Hello again Lurch here.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.
If I have helped, please RATE my answer
I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.